Thank you for your interest in employment at Hilliard Church of Christ!
Current Open Positions:
Director of Children’s Ministry
Hilliard Church of Christ is currently looking for a person responsible for leading, inspiring, and directing our Children’s Ministries. This is a full-time position for someone called by God to nurture children and their families toward making wise choices, building stronger relationships, and developing deeper faith. This person will have demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for working in a team environment. They contribute to the team spirit through fellowship, encouragement, collaboration, flexibility, creativity, prayer, and other appropriate ways.
• Project a professional, friendly image of the HCC Children’s Ministry.
• Direct the planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating the Children’s Ministry.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive Children’s Ministry program that creates energy and enthusiasm for all participants and in accordance with the Purpose and Vision of Hilliard Church of Christ.
• Determine ministry goals, organization, leadership, facilities, finances and administrative process.
• Plan and direct all regular and special activities such as Vacation Bible School, mission trips, retreats, Bible study, Life Groups, discipleship training and others in order to nurture Christian development and discipleship • Provide Christian guidance to meet the special needs of young people and their parents.
• Create and maintain selection criteria for volunteers in the children’s ministry.
• Enlist, select, train and supervise volunteers in the children’s ministry for service, involving children’s parents as appropriate.
• Develop an effective, systematic program of outreach within the children’s ministry.
• Meet with parents of children in our ministry when necessary, desirable and appropriate.
• Create annual budgets and manage the children’s ministry within budget constraints, utilizing cost controls as specified by Church leadership.
• Serve as an ex-officio member of all church committees relating to the children’s ministry, attending all meetings if possible or delegating a representative when appropriate.
• Visit members who are in the hospital, nursing homes or home-bound and with visitors and prospects when called upon by the Senior Minister or Elders as appropriate.
• Provide a written report of ministry activities at least monthly to the Senior Minister and Elders.
• Comply with all established Hilliard Church of Christ policies and procedures as well as applicable Federal and State laws.
• All other duties as assigned by the Eldership of the Hilliard Church of Christ.
Requirements: • proven record of working effectively with children and their parents in a church setting • a personal conviction of calling to the Ministry of Jesus Christ • a commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings, both professionally and personally • the ability to speak, read and write (English) effectively • exceptional speaking skills with the ability to speak confidently before groups • quality leadership and administrative skills, including the ability to supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide feedback to church staff • ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form • basic abilities to use computer software, such as Microsoft Office programs • sufficiently good health to discharge the duties of this ministry effectively • passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks as applicable.
Salary negotiable and commensurate with applicant’s experience and ability to fulfill the functions and skills listed.
Please submit a detailed Resume with Cover Letter describing why you are a good candidate for this position and a brief testimony about your Christian journey as well as professional and personal/character references (3 required).
Submit application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hilliard Church of Christ in Hilliard OH is searching for Student Minister for our teens from Grade 6 through Grade 12. The Student Minister is responsible for assisting the planning and directing of the evangelism and outreach efforts, guided by God’s Holy Word and the church’s Mission and Vision statements to lead others in living a fulfilling Christian life.
The successful candidate will:
Direct the planning, organizing, directing coordinating and evaluating the Student Ministry, creating energy and enthusiasm for all participants.
Plan and direct all regular and special Student activities such as mission trips, retreats, Bible studies, Life Groups, discipleship training and other activities that nurture Christian development.
Enlist, select, train and supervise volunteers for service in the Student Ministry.
Provide Christian guidance/counseling for our students and meet with them and their parents as appropriate.
Develop an effective, systematic program of outreach and follow-up within the Student Ministry.
Assist Church leadership in seeking the salvation of the lost and nurturing the saved, within and without the Student Ministry.
All other duties as directed by the Elders and ministry staff.
Requirements for the position include:
A four-year seminary/Christian university degree or similar approved by the Elders.
The ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
Sufficiently good health to discharge the duties of the ministry effectively.
Must pass criminal, financial and or sexual misconduct background checks as needed.
A personal conviction of calling to the ministry of Jesus Christ
A commitment to biblical Christian principles and teaching, both personally and professionally.
The Student Minister serves under the direction of the Elders of the Hilliard Church of Christ and under the supervision of the Senior minister in cooperation with church staff. This is a full-time, salaried position, based on a 40-hour workweek.
Submit application materials to: email@example.com